Centre for Rural Technology, Nepal (CRT/N) is a professional non-governmental organization engaged in developing and promoting appropriate rural technologies effective in meeting basic needs and improving the livelihood of rural people. Established in August 1989 under Company Act, CRT/N has been re-registered with Government of Nepal (GON) under the Social Organization Registration Act 2034 since October 1998. The organization is actively engaged in upgrading traditional technologies as well as developing new technologies with diversified and versatile applications to meet rural needs.
As part of its regular project activities, CRT/N has been undertaking various project-related studies within the framework of the projects undertaken. However, there are the number of other potential subjects/issues that have to be addressed through studies and research activities for the smooth performing of the works it is carrying out. In order to undertake such study and research activities, CRT/N has established the Technology Study and Research Fund.
Number of Vacancy 1
- Assist in writing concepts papers, proposals and reports on implementation, dissemination and development projects primarily concerning rural and renewable energy technologies as and when necessary.
- Undertake short-term study, action research and other similar activities in coordination with different sections as assigned by CRT/N management.
- Undertake monitoring activities as per projects requirement to maintain/ update the well-established database of the project/ technologies disseminated by CRT/N.
- Assist in preparing technical publications, promotional materials and reports, and in performing annual activities planned by CRT/N.
- Assist in the facilitation of various training and capacity building activities organized under CRT/N.
- Assist R&D activities on various rural and RETs for innovations, modifications and improvement in terms of design development, efficiency, performance, cost, transfer and use.
- Make field visits to various project sites and support in conducting field activities as and when required by CRTN projects and programs.
- Candidate with Bachelor Degree in Energy, Environment, Climate Change, Agriculture, Water Resource, Sustainable Development or Social Science or other relevant fields of studies.
- Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply.
- However, candidates having experience working or volunteering in rural communities under the aforementioned field of studies will be an advantage.
- 6 months
Financial incentives and other benefits will be made available as per the organization’s rule.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Motivation letter
- Academic documents
- Candidates can submit their application via mail-in firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th November 2019.
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified via email.
Bhanimandal, Lalitpur, Nepal